Just a few simple thoughts on the actual case of dioxin in animal food:
- Who eats meat and eggs from animals which got fed up with fat made of (as it seems at this point) old deep-fry oil and waste from biodiesel (what else is anybody’s guess) – and supports animal factories – deserves to get poisoned. That is act of market beyond control, and ignorance is no excuse.
- The same applies to everyone who believes that the free market will regulate all. They deserves to eat what their market regulates.
- If you’d like to minimize the risk that your body become hazardous waste, buy and eat organic. Your graveyards earthworms will be thankful.
- „Organic“ is no registered trade mark, so be careful what you choose. As a major consumer you need to be informed – and there is a big difference in knowledge and belief, facts and advertising.
- Tests showed up to a 77-fold excess of dioxin over the legal limit in food fats from the manufacturer Harles und Jentzsch, 18 out of 30 tests were contaminated. Up to now. Harles und Jentzsch knows about the problem since March 2010, but kept it secret.
- Officials said there would be no danger – what else can they say? If you’re working in marketing you know: nothing…
- Like I said, all is coming back to you, some day.
Have a nice one! >:)
Update 8.1.2011: Now the first contaminated meat was found: Chicken with 4.99 picogram. Legal limit is 2 picogram. But surely there is still no danger for consumers…