(or about any other big crude oil deliverer)
Close your eyes (well, after reading) and imagine the following.
Sweet Mullah in chief would state:
- We have no nuclear material to build weapons – come and see.
- We have no plants to make poison gas – come and see.
- We even have no missiles to transport such things – come and see.
- We don’t treat our opposition like lifestock – come and see.
- We respect human rights – come and see.
- Everyone has one vote, everyone can campaign – come and see.
- We’d like to be your host – come and test us.
- And, finally, we’ll sell you our oil in Euros – come and buy!
- (tell me some more ideas…)
This could change so many things. It would probably be good for European economics. Probably, many other countries would jump on the bandwagon. Surely, it would be bad for the American economy.
America would not be able to find a real reason for an attack to prevent this. Maybe it would fudge an excuse, but nobody would believe it. The ruler ruled out by his own rules!
But, hold on, what’s the saying? Kick an old dog long enough and it will turn around and bite. Also, what about power vacuum? How many inferiority-complex addled people will fill buckets with their drivel? If physics are to be trusted, gallons of the stuff will drool into place.
Then only holy metaphysics can repeal the laws, but on this score all the mystics men and women sucked, till today. Damn, I’m glad I don’t have to make the rules…
Well, yeah – open your eyes, a dream comes back to reality.
Any suggestions to dream on?